Providing Exceptional Asphalt Shingle Roofing Services
Ballantine Home Improvement is your Morristown roofer that understands how important the roof of your home is, which is why we offer products from leading manufacturers so that you can feel confident in the quality of your roof. Our team will assist you every step of the way; you’ll be thrilled with your new roof!
Give us a call today to schedule your inspection. You’re going to love exploring the different options that asphalt shingle roofing has to offer.
Types of Asphalt Shingle Roofs We Install
3-tab shingles are named for their three asphalt tabs. They’re easy for roofers to install, and the pattern is always identical. These types of shingles are also more affordable compared to other types of shingles. You can expect three-tab shingles to last up to 20 years.
If curb appeal is high on your priority list, architectural shingles are also known as laminated shingles in the roofing industry. They’re made to be heavy-duty and are one of the highest quality options in roofing materials. They can last up to 50 years!
As the name suggests, these are luxury versions of asphalt shingle roofing. They come in style varieties like cedar shakes, which look like natural cedar, and slate, which looks more traditional.
The Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
Pros of Asphalt Shingles
- Affordability: Asphalt shingle is a reliable roofing material that doesn’t break the bank. It’s the most affordable roofing material out there!
- Color Variety: From having different colors to mimicking other roofing materials, you will be sure to find the perfect aesthetic for your home.
- Simple Installation: Asphalt shingle roofs are quick for professionals to install and easy to repair when needed. They are also easy to maintain to help ensure longevity.
Cons of Asphalt Shingles
- Not Environmentally Friendly: Asphalt shingles are not recyclable since they can release harmful emissions. As the shortest roof lifespan, asphalt shingles contribute a lot of waste.
- Susceptible to Weather: Extreme weather conditions can decrease the lifespan of your asphalt roof, especially when not maintained properly.